As a dropshipper, your success relies heavily on the web marketplaces where you decide to list your products.
Your dropshipping marketplace determines your audience, reach, an honest chunk of your overhead costs, and, therefore, the policies and rules you’ve got to abide by as a seller — and every one of those can have an enormous impact on your reputation and your bottom line.
This article will cover everything you would like to understand about the highest five online marketplaces for dropshipping in 2020.
Top five online marketplaces in 2020
Here are the five best online marketplaces for dropshipping.
- Amazon Marketplace
Amazon is the leading online marketplace within the US, with the brink of $280.5 billion in income in 2019. The Amazon Marketplace is one of the foremost well-known marketing channels for online dropshipping and retailoring, making it one of the foremost competitive.
How to sell on Amazon: To sell on Amazon, you’ll get to choose an idea, create a seller account, and upload your products to Amazon. For an entire guide to selling on Amazon, inspect this post: the way to Sell on Amazon in 2020: Setup, Fees, & Strategy.
Amazon Marketplace fees: the value to sell on Amazon depends on which plan you select.
Amazon seller fees for the knowledgeable seller include:
- A monthly subscription fee of $39.99
- Referral fees on each item sold (varies by category)
- Variable closing fees (varies by category)
Amazon seller fees for a private seller include:
- No monthly subscription fee
- USD$ 0.99 fee for every item sold
- Variable closing fees (varies by category)
Amazon best practices: Here are a number of our top tips for selling on Amazon:
- Keep Amazon SEO and A9 Algorithm top-of-mind when creating your product listings.
- Capitalize in your Amazon, including A+ Content, Enhanced Brand Content, and Amazon Stores
- Keep your supply chain, inventory management, and fulfillment consistent and reliable — your Amazon success depends thereon.
- Enroll within the Amazon Brand Registry to guard your brand and make a trusted customer experience
- Research potential niches before choosing the products you would like to sell.
- Take advantage of Amazon Advertising by building a comprehensive Amazon Advertising strategy (an agency can help!)
- Walmart marketplace
Walmart.com brings in 127 million unique visitors monthly, and consistent with marketing research gathered by Tinuiti, there’s an outsized overlap between Amazon.com and Walmart.com shoppers: Over 57% of Amazon buyers also shop on Walmart.com. Having a presence on both marketplaces gives you a far better chance of capturing those shoppers.
How to sell on the Walmart Marketplace: To sell on Walmart.com, you would like to fill out the Marketplace Application, which takes about a quarter-hour to finish. If your application is approved, you’ll get to create your Next. You’ll register and complete your profile, verify your checking account, upload a product, and launch your account. Once the Walmart Marketplace team approves your account, your products will go live within 24 hours.
Walmart Marketplace fees: Walmart Marketplace doesn’t charge a seller fee to take care of your seller account; they only charge a referral fee supported the merchandise category.
Walmart Marketplace best practices:
- To get approved to sell on the Walmart Marketplace, ensure your products are affordable which your customer service is top-notch
- Stay on top of your inventory management and fulfillment to satisfy Walmart’s high standards
- Take advantage of Amazon’s sponsored product and search ad opportunities
Founded in 1883 in Cincinnati, Kroger is the largest grocery chain in America. While you would possibly not associate Kroger with eCommerce and dropshipping, the grocery chain’s grew digital sales 58% in 2019 and ranked #86 on the web Retailer Top 1000 list.
How to become a Kroger: Dropshippers can apply to become Kroger vendors online through Kroger’s website. Kroger suppliers and vendors must use Kroger’s Supplier Hub to use and manage their Kroger vendor accounts. To be considered a Kroger supplier, you must be certified by a third-party agency, complete registration in our Supplier Management System, and meet Kroger’s selection criteria and requirements.
For information about fees and best practices, you’ll be got to reach out to the Kroger B2B team or apply them on their site. To find out more, inspect Kroger’s full Business 2 Business Vendor Site.
With 182 million worldwide buyers, eBay remains one of the most important online retailers internationally, with nearly every product you’ll imagine.
How to sell on eBay: eBay offers a “Quick Start” guide to help you begin selling in 4 easy steps. Dropshippers can create a “My eBay” page from which to answer questions and consider sales information. eBay also offers business consultation (for free), a Business Efficiency Guide, and Seller Development Resources. A program eBay designed to help merchants successfully sell their product.
eBay fees: eBay charges two differing types of selling fees: an insertion fee once you create your listing, and a final value fee when your item sells. For an entire list of eBay fees, here is their guide to selling fees.
eBay best practices:
- If you can offer fast and free or low-cost shipping and free returns to convert more shoppers
- Optimize your titles and merchandise descriptions for eBay search (and to pique customer interest)
- Make sure your product listings and photos are accurate and provide as many details as possible to avoid customer confusing (or dissatisfaction)
- Price your products competitively, including shipping costs
These are the hottest five marketplaces in 2020, where you can sell your products online. However, keep that in mind, it isn’t necessary to primarily focusing on choosing the right platform. Its true some have advantages over the others, but dropshipping relies on the demand of your niche-specific products.
So, right after that, one question might be still bugging you. Is dropshipping valuable in 2020?
That’s up to you. Dropshippers take minimal risk, with a little investment and no commitments to order minimums. The Dropshipping business model allows you the chance to check new markets. Best case scenario, you begin a successful online business. Make sure to try and do your research when selecting products, put your best marketing efforts forward, and review the dropshipping pros and cons above.