Have you been dreaming about building a website of your own? And do you want to make money out of it?
This is one of the most common ideas when it comes to earning an online income. So why do so many people like that? Is that really worth your time? If so, how are you going to make this happen?
This step-by-step guide will help you find the answers to all of the above questions.
But first, let’s see if it’s a good idea to set up a website and try to make money out of it.
To answer this, I’m going to give you a solid explanation why it’s a smart idea to own a personal website.
Having your own website is a perfect way to excel in the online world. How is it true? Ok, most people have social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.) set up. If you make it nice enough, it can be a perfect place to ensure your online presence.
Yet what’s the difference between owning a website and having a social media account? Getting a website is a lot more professional looking, particularly if you’re trying to make an online income. When you set up your own website, it will give you more credibility.
You can use your website to tell your potential clients why they deserve their support. If you do this, your guests would be happier if you choose to take care of their things.
If we think about website creations, the first thing that comes to mind is that it could be expert work. If you’re not that much of a professional, that may easily be true in your situation. No, we don’t make fun of it, but in fact, we have a full guide of steps for you.
By following these steps, you can create your own professional site one by one. We’re sure that after you get through this guide, you’ll be confident that even a novice can build his own website and make money out of it. See the section below: Why do you use our section?
You’ll probably think it’s worth selecting our web-based learning guide. We have the following reasons: 1. Our complete guide is full of up-to-date material that is easy to read and understand for beginners.
2. You get a website that is designed for a particular platform, and the setup can be completed in just one hour.
3. We ensure assured results, and you will receive a answer to any question you might have about your working website.
Steps to Follow In order to create a website, you must go through some simple milestones that are important to start the development process; these are: 1. The first step is to select the right and secure platform to create a website.
2. The second is to select a particular domain name and to host the site.
3. The third step is to take care of the setup of your site produced with WordPress Below you can find a review for this process:
# 1 — Choose the Right Platform It is the heart of your site and it is crucial to choose a strong platform to give it power and protection.
What does the Right Platform have in its Features?
Choosing the best platform is a challenge to be carried out with a detailed review of the different options available. It is important to test the benefits and drawbacks before making your final pick. Here are some important things to keep in mind when choosing the perfect platform for your site: Locate the Right Content Management System: CMS is an important tool to be used in the development and modification of your site. It is responsible for the functionality that we need to compose and post on our website. This can be activated with a single click and is supported by the host provider in the package. Allows the user to add photos, including profiles, text material or any other important data after signing up as an admin. Customization of the design and models and the introduction of plugins to add functionality is achieved with the aid of CMS.
Top CMS Choices to Choose From
• WordPress: This platform is considered to be the best choice for beginners who are creating their first website. This is compatible with both low and medium traffic websites due to its substantial scalability. Most of the world’s most popular websites, such as Time Magazine, CNN, TED, and many others, use WordPress.
• Drupal: this software is suitable for complex and high-traffic websites and is primarily used by professionals. You can change this suit after you have achieved a level of competence in website growth, but before then it’s the worst option for you as a beginner. But it’s safer if you stick to a website that’s easier to use.
• Joomla: While it provides better performance than WordPress and is also easier to learn your way around than Drupal, due to its difficulty, it is still not recommended for beginners.
Instead of regretting your decision later, we recommend that you use WordPress. It’s the best option for example, and it’s got all the features needed for a new site.
Why is WordPress the right option for you?
Several favorable points show that WordPress is the best choice for beginners: • Simple Installation: it comes with a single click installation on most of its hosting services and is a time-savvy process. It is also free and available with other free themes and plugin options with intense support from providers.
• Powerful Community: This will help you in the initiation process, and when you encounter any difficulties, you will easily get your queries answered by the normal Google search service, usually in the first three search results.
• Responsiveness: The interface is capable of adapting its numerous available themes to the context of the system. This function eliminates the need to employ professional developers to change these properties.
• User-friendly: WordPress is highly successful for its users due to its easy-to-use interface. It provides excellent themes and plugins at a very affordable cost and is also ideal for non-programmers. The platform is stable and appropriate for the revenue-generating website.
• Multiple Hosting Choices: WordPress offers you multiple options for hosting, such as self-hosting, shared hosting, and controlled WordPress hosting. Many hosting services are supposed to take care of all the problems you might find on the website, except the content.
• Supported Website Backups: This feature helps to recover the data in hacking circumstances.
WordPress downsides As you know, each platform has both upsides and downsides. WordPress also has some of the disadvantages mentioned below: • It might be challenging to manage heavy traffic on your WordPress website, but this is not impossible. This depends a lot on the host you select.
• Most users claim the free themes and plugins are not of good quality, but they have not been confirmed. The themes have been created with quality in mind and high protection.
• Protection can be violated, but it can be resolved by detecting the problem in the meantime.
Despite these disadvantages, we still consider WordPress to be the best alternative as it has solutions for each of its downsides. You should compare the choices available to select the best according to your needs.
#2 — Choosing a Specific Domain Name & Website Hosting This is the second phase to take when going further in the Website Development Process.
What is the domain name & website hosting?
It is a simple question first posed by website creators, and we have an answer to it. The URL used to search a website by entering its name in the address bar of the search engine is called the domain name, e.g. websitename.com is a domain name.
Hosting is a database server responsible for storing all the relevant data and information on the web site. The server is a computer system that stores and runs your data, such as giving clients access to the contents of your website. Operations are fully safe and carried out under the control of the website host.
Why should I pick a domain name?
Before you make a decision, ask yourself about the area you want to concentrate on. Your niche choice lets you select the correct domain name. We suggest that you select your area of expertise and knowledge. This is very imperative, particularly when you’re thinking about monetizing your web. You can choose from three simple options: when you create a business website, the name of the company or brand can be used as a domain name.
You may also use the.com edition of the hosting site for a personal website and there will be no restriction on the available names for a website related to hobbies.
Important Features of Domain Name: It is the next step that helps in choosing a right domain name that has all the needed properties of a better domain. Always take the following pieces into consideration while choosing it.
• Try to make it short so that it is easy to type and remember. More people will remember it this way.
• Always use a memorable domain name that is never forgotten.
• Use a catchy domain name that reveals your professionalism in just a few words and attracts traffic towards your website.
• Add keywords but for making it reliable and searchable on the search engines and SEO friendly.
• Check out the usable abbreviations about the specific niche you are writing about on your website.
e Server Hosting and a free hosting by WordPress.
All these add-ons are specified one by one to make this process clear and easy for you. Start the process: Add and update Titles and Taglines The title of your website describes the purpose of the website, so that the user can recognize the website form from its heading. The ranking of any website is calculated by search engines using its title. Using a unique title, you will attract readers’ attention to your website.
The taglines are the final lines of the title after the main title. It briefly describes the title and clarifies the meaning of the main title. From the tagline, a user can understand in which format the title in the content of this website should be represented.
Adding a subject The subject is used to track the site’s visual appearance. To add a particular theme, you must install a professionally built WordPress template. While you get a default location, it isn’t attractive at all.
You can get the theme from the free ones to boost it or install it in the paid portion by charging a few dollars. The process for adding a subject to your site includes: 1. Go to Appearance and click the Themes button Add new.
2. On the next screen you can find a list of up to 4,492 free subjects in the official WordPress.org section.
3. The themes are divided into categories such as traditional, recent, featured and many others.
4. You can pick the one you want and press the Install button to start the download.
Once it comes to choosing a subject for the blog, the process can be overwhelming because of the variety of themes. Each theme has its own requirements to make it better than others. Keep in mind some important information when selecting a subject like: • Simplicity: WordPress includes several complex themes that are not appropriate for all types of Web pages. Often a basic topic is better than a complicated one to improve the user’s readability. Use a basic or complex theme to match your needs.
• Mobile Friendly: As you know, the WordPress themes respond automatically and can be tailored to the device and its size. Select a highly sensitive theme that is both desktop and mobile.
• All Browsers & Plugins support: It is normal for a topic to look nice on one browser to look broken on another browser. To avoid this issue, always test your subject on multiple browsers mostly used by customers. Windows, Opera, Chrome and Firefox, for instance. Test if your theme is compatible with all the plugins you need.
• Use strong support themes: the free themes have less supports and the paid ones are fully supported. Turn the subject to a high level of support for crucial development conditions.
• Very SEO Friendly: if you’re using SEO content you’re also using a search engine-optimized web friendly SEO theme.
Adding widgets The widgets are modules used for the loading of headers, footers and side bars in the pre-set format. The widgets are useful resources often used as the search bar, reviews, archives and categories.
You can test your widgets by going to the options of appearance and then the function widgets. Click on the option and all widgets can be viewed.
There are small pieces of essential code that are used to add more features as well as to help access social media such as and add HTML codes to regular text. If you apply codes to a regular document, it functions as the code and performs the same features.
Menus Added You can add menus to your site’s top, bottom or sides. The menus are used to browse the website pages. We may simply say that the menus reflect what your website offers its customer.
Unclear or irrelevant menus contribute to a significant loss of traffic. Therefore always use menus with small but descriptive names that clearly reflect the way the website functions and offers. To render a list more accessible and succinct, use the submenus under the main menu.
Background Setting Many websites use a basic white page as context, others an image (or more). The background you use will boost readability, as it will be easier to read when you use a dark background, with light colors.
The most common backdrop is a white page with black text, which makes the content highly legible. Never use a sliding picture in your context because it confuses your reader and makes the page less accurate and less readable.
The Plugins are basically small programs that extend the WordPress functionality and introduce new functions and functions to the website that are not built in by design. These are features that allow the user to easily operate the website.
These are pieces of code written to carry out an action or a group of website actions for which they have been identified. The most common example of plugin functionality is social networking.
It allows you to publish and post excellent content on social media platforms. It would boost the visibility of the website and make it available to the readers who search it.
You can install various types of plugins, such as SEO plugins, security plugins, plugins for image development and management. They are also helpful in addressing security breaches and spam comments.
You can use the plugins to recover any missing data. The development of contact forms and cashing on the web are also made with the aid of plugins, such as optimizing WordPress output.
• By clicking on the plugins options you can add a new plugin to your existing website.
• Press the Add New Button to attach new plugins after opening the plugins.
Choosing the Best Plugins Up to 25,000 free WordPress plugins can be downloaded and chosen according to your preferences. Here we discuss the most common WordPress plugins that are free of charge.
• Yoast SEO: It is a common plugin used to create a complete SEO-friendly website. With the aid of this plugin, you can edit your Metadata, title tags. This helps you to boost your ranking in the search engines so that people can find your content more easily online.
Google Analytics: This is used to monitor the website’s traffic and how it operates. Simply install it and link it to your Google account. This is really important in order to update your website.
Pages are applied to a website to split the site into various parts. Every page contains a particular section of the website material. You can build pages on the left side of the dashboard with the aid of the Pages button.
Just click on it and the existing pages can be added, removed or edited in a section. The landing is one of the most critical when the website is set up. Your guests can find information on your business here.
Start the Customization
For this task, you have to activate a WordPress Theme for your site. To do this just go to the Appearance option and click the Themes, then Add new button. Choose one that is for your liking. Once you did this you will add widgets, Menus, and Backgrounds which are all part of the customization Process.